Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled Virgin Media now want to stay

Hi

I had a renewal notice from Virgin but instead cancelled it, now I want to stay but have a deadline of my service which will be cancelled on 5th December. I've tried contacting Virgin but calls are taking an hour apparently.

How else can I go about cancelling my cancellation , I also received a renewal price which I hope Virgin will stick by?

Thanks

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancelled Virgin Media now want to stay

Phone up first thing Monday or Tuesday morning, follow the options as through you're cancelling, and (eventually) that should get you through to the retentions team again.  They'll be able to help.  Whether they'll offer the same deal I can't say, but if you let on in the slightest that you're phoning up to retract the cancellation, the retentions agent will immediately realise your alternative options aren't as palatable as you hoped, and think "Hahahhahaa! No need to offer a good deal here!"   

Better to run the call along the lines, "I was looking to leave because of a renewal price that didn't really meet my needs, issued notice as the renewal offer was poor, just wondered whether that's still the best that you can do?".  Ask if taking a different speed or bundle helps them do a better value deal, because discounts aren't flat rate for all bundles, and a bit of flexibility often gives them leeway to offer new discounts or hit particular retention targets.  And if you really don't want to leave then you have to take the best that's on the table.

Good luck!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Buddy much appreciated will give it a go Monday
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Smiffy151,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you if you still need help? 

I can cancel your disconnection for you and check over the account to make sure everything is as it should be 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos