Menu
Smally0710
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled Contract

Hello,

I am a bit confused, just seeing if anyone can help me/offer me any advice or guidance?

I have only been on Virgin for around 5 months and the connection speeds have been terrible!
I've been paying for the 500mb/s package and I have been getting roughly 40mb/s or below.
I have had 3 engineers visit to 'fix' the issue but the issue has not been resolved. 
This has been going on for too long now so I've been trying to cancel for a couple weeks after going in circles with the support staff.

I eventually got through to someone on the phone and explained my issue and all he said was bare with me a moment and put me on hold for 5 minutes, came back and said it was done and is there anything else he could help me with.

I asked him if there would be any early disconnection fees and he said yes it would be £240 so I asked him if they would be wiped as I have had 3 engineers visit with no fix and it has been over 30 days (it says in my contract that early disconnection fees would be wiped if this was the case)

he said yes they would be wiped and no fees charged and that was the end of the conversation.

Well since then I haven't received any email or anything to confirm this?

I'm just wondering if this is actually going to go through without me having to pay any disconnection fees or not?

Thanks 🙂 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled Contract

Good Afternoon Smally0710,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see you've been having multiple issues with the services.

Can you tell me if we've been able to advise you further on whether the early disconnection fees will be applicable or not?

Are you still content with the decision to cancel with Virgin Media? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Smally0710
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I haven't been able to find out.

When I call up I get passed to the cancellation department and they say they cannot find out on their end and pass me to the technical team and then they say that the cancellation team deals with it, so every time I call up I get put in an endless loop of being transferred to different departments.

Yes I still want to cancel.
I pay for the 500mb package with the minimum being 258mb and I get around 50mb on a good day and when there is more than one person in my house using the internet it drops to below 10.

I've had an engineer visit 3 times to 'fix' the issue but its never fixed.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Smally0710,

Sorry to see this has still not been answered.

We'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you. Please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos