cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

Dmc1948
Joining in

Terrible Customer Care

Can anyone tell me how you are able to close an account with Virgin Media?

On the 30th June I sold a property and no longer required an internet service, thought this would be a straightforward phone call as it was with all the other suppliers, how wrong I was.

Despite numerous phone calls and promises that an account manager would call be back I'm still waiting, why I need a call from an account manager is beyond me. In desperation I wrote to Sunderland, as suggested on their website, with a complete timeline of all conversations, of course no response. Next port of call was an email to the CEO, again totally ignored.

Opening an account with Virgin is so easy, closing it seems impossible, their happy to keep collecting the money.

Only option seems to be the Ombudsman, what a ridiculous situation. 

8 REPLIES 8

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You need to give VM 30 days notice to cancel your services.

When you wrote to the Sunderland address was it to complain or to issue an instruction to cancel?

Writing in is usually one of the more reliable methods for cancelling as reported on here. Did you use a signed for delivery service for any cancellation instruction letter or get a proof of postage receipt?

You can share your hopeless cancellation experience with OFCOM.

They launched an investigation into VM on 13 July 2023 specifically into VM's cancellation and complaints processes.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/bulletins/enforcement-bulletin/open-cases/cw_01275

Case ref. no. and an email at the bottom of the above page or submit with same info via the contact form

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

Submitting information won't help your individual complaint but it will contribute to the OFCOM investigation and it sounds like your experience is directly relevant to the terms of reference of the investigation.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dmc1948,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're having a bit of trouble trying to cancel an account with the team. Have we advised why we're unable to process a cancellation? When did you last discuss this with the team and what did they advise?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

A bit of trouble, that's an understatement! 

There has been no contact by Virgin, other than promises that an account manager will call, there is no reason for the account not be closed other than Virgin don't want to.

My contact with Virgin  has been on 27/6, 30/6, 5/7, 10/7, 18/7, 24/7 on the last five occasion's I have been advised that the agent "will sort it out"

Thanks for the reply @Dmc1948 on the forums. 👋🏼

We've had a look and for this we can see that this all falls under our business line at Virgin Media Business.
We are only able to assist with residential queries here on the Virgin Media community forums.

Please reach out to our team in the business side on: 0800 052 0800 and they will be the one's who can resolve this mater for you.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for your reply. I understand that this a business account and the number you have given me is the number I have been calling, so there is no point in continuing to do so as I am just ignored.

Are you able to give the name of the senior manager in charge of business customer care, if not it’s the Ombudsman.

Thanks for the reply @Dmc1948 on the forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about this happening.
We have a contact in the business department who we will liaise with and we shall ask them to get in touch with you within the next 48 hours.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Dmc1948
Joining in

Thank yo for getting touch, I have been informed by the business team that this has now been sorted out

Thanks for keeping us informed @Dmc1948 

Let us know how everything goes and hopefully it should be smooth.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team