cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation.

Spreader
Tuning in
  • Having sent them  registered letter, I got a reply telling me that they were looking into my complaint, then a second letter giving me a recap of my complaint. "I'm trying to cancel" "I want to leave" then tell me my complaint has been closed as a resolution has been found ??? The resolution a "package change"  for more information call 150 on your virgin landline, I DON'T have a virgin landline. They have given me a number to call to talk through my "options" I spent 45 minutes listening to music, hang up thoroughly **bleep** off. Again, nothing new about that.
9 REPLIES 9

Posidon
Dialled in

Call 03454541111

Option moving home cancellation 

But be preperd for a long Wait  1 hour like i did I'm sure they delibretly have long wait so you get fed up and give up hang up

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Spreader

Thank you so much for post to our community forums and welcome back to the team. 

We are so sorry to hear that you have been facing these issues with your cancellation and a big thank you to @Poisdon for their help so far. 

We do not handle cancellations via the forums, however I would be more than happy to look into your complaint with you and see what has happened.

I will pop you a PM to take a closer look, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

Spreader
Tuning in

I've just received a message from virgin media offering me a deal on my broadband, asking me to contact them on this number 0203 743 6951I tried, guess what, this number is dead. I replied to their text message, it said "sent" then "delivered" I then received a reply saying " you can't send messages to this number, have a great day", have you lot not got the message " I want to LEAVE"  sending me a message offering me a deal more than two months after I've told you that I want to leave. 

If they've handled your cancellation as a complaint, how long ago did they issue a complaint reference number?  If it's eight weeks, then take the matter to CISAS immediately (or as soon as eight weeks is up), asking for cancellation, backdated to the original request date, plus compensation for the failure to process the cancellation.  

And whilst you're at it, do a quick summary complaint to Ofcom, and do it today.  They won't get involved in your complaint, but they monitor VM's performance on complaints and service standards, and by complaining you're helping add to the evidence that will hopefully result in a proper regulatory investigation, since difficulty cancelling is a repeated complaint round here (along with failure to properly process a cancellation request).  I'd suggest you comment in the Ofcom complaint that this fiasco around the supposedly simple business of closing an account is a particularly serious breach of Ofcom General Conditions which require that cancelling a contract is quick, simple and easy.

Hi Spreader,

Thanks for your Post and for using the forums to get this concern voiced. 

I am sorry you received this notification from a team about upgrading, with contact numbers that seemingly do not connect to anything. I understand you're going through a particularly difficult situation with your disconnection right now, so you really do not need contact from an upgrades team. 

I will send this back as feedback to the team, apologies for the confusion and frustration that that. 

As for your complaint, I can see from my side that you do now have a disconnection in place now which is good to see. 

Is there anything else we can help with today? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

A message for Andrew G, thanks Andrew I contacted OFCOM, basically they didn't want to know and pointed me to CISAS, after 4 weeks I got back to CISAS and filled in the online form, have you ever done that Andrew, when you get to the end and filled out your complaint the next question is "what do you want us to do about your complaint" this is the organisation that is supposed to oversee badly run businesses and they're asking me what I want them to do, a complete joke, but not funny.

I'd agree that the "what do you want us to do?" question seems odd, but its actually about CISAS understanding what will resolve the complaint to your total satisfaction eg "I want the account closure to be completed, for it to be backdated to my original request date, I would also like compensation for the act of failing to action a simple cancellation request, for the subsequent failure to resolve this when asked, and additionally for the poor complaint handling that has required we to escalate the matter to CISAS".

Whilst all this may seem blooming obvious to you (and to me, knowing the history you've reported here), the CISAS case adjudicator starts from no knowledge at all.  Before they ask for all relevant information from VM, they want to know what the complaint is, and what would be the outcome you want, that's what the CISAS web forms are asking for.

Good luck with it, should be a straightforward case.

You're right Andrew, it should be straightforward, but it isn't, in asking for some form of compensation they want you to provide receipts and costs, how do you provide receipts for an hour on the phone listening to music several times over, costs for the frustration while waiting for a reply, costs for the annoyance, thinking that you've cancelled your account and then finding you haven't, twice, how to calculate that. I gave up in frustration 😡😡

It is your choice - but if you give up, then VM face no consequences. 

Why not phone the CISAS helpline and ask them for guidance on completing the web forms?