Menu
Ianh68
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation

After three failed verbal attempts to cancel my services with virgin media,

a recorded letter was sent on 19/1/21. I have had no response.

can anyone confirm this cancellation?

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation

Has your letter been signed for?

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Ianh68
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Letter sent to swansea, impossible to get signature as its a po box.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but not sure where that address came from but the official address as stated in the terms and conditions is a follows,

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support,

Diamond Plaza,

Daleside Road,

Nottingham,

Nottinghamshire,

NG2 3GG

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Ianh68
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If you google virgin media broadband customer services, you get the swansea address.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've also seen a lot of fraudulent addresses around the internet.

It's not generally a customer service matter, there is a dedicated team to manage cancellations.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I suggest you call 0345 454 1111 options 1-1-4-4 at 8am sharp tomorrow to get cancellation processed.

0 Kudos
Ianh68
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Have been down that route, complete waste of time.

as virgin media have been notified, I will await the next attempt at withdrawing funds from my account, then my solicitors will be informed.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

OK do as you wish but I am warning you as you've failed to fulfill the terms and conditions of your contract you will be held liable and no solicitor can argue with whats in black and white and what hasn't any evidence against it.

I will remind you of the following,

N. Other ways to end this agreement

1. In addition to your rights to cancel during the cooling off period, either you or we may end this agreement at any time (including during or at the end of any minimum period) by giving the other 30 days’ notice.  You can provide notice and end this agreement under this provision by:

1. dialling 0345 454 1111 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts.  Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary); or

2. writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

2. If you end this agreement in accordance with paragraph N.1, you must pay any outstanding charges (including usage charges and line rental) up to the end of your 30-day notice period.

0 Kudos
Ianh68
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Just a couple of things,

A  According to email dated 22nd of january, I am out of contract.

B  According to mail dated 4th january, there will be a price increase which if i do not agree with, I can cancel package before 10th feb without incuring charges.

This was attempted 3 times with the last operator cutting the phone call as soon as i said cancel. this will not be attempted again.

Please note the email sent informing me i can cancel Does not specify an address to send it to.

I have therefore taken all reasonable steps to terminate this agreement, which it seems virgin have ignored.

0 Kudos