Menu
Qh183
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation

Hey,I have switched to another broadband in November 2020 and went live on it. I have been trying to cancel my virgin media contract for the past few months but still haven’t been able to process it further because I didn’t have my memorable code to pass the security check.And I’m still receiving bills from VM and also been sent a letter about restrictions when the stressing part is that I no longer use VM services and still having to deal with this just because I don’t have my memorable code.They said that they will post a reminder and then we will talk about the whole issue but still haven’t received it. And also been contacted by one of the collection companies which is really traumatic.And I’m concerned it will also affect my credit history.I don’t when this matter is going to be resolved.Please help me with this nightmare!

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation

It will already be a black mark on your credit file if its been passed to a collection agency.

Until you cancel you are still in contract.
If you have not been paying you have defaulted on the contract and the credit report and debt collectors will be correct.

You should be able to verify your account using other questions with the agent when you call in.

You will still need to give 30 days notice to cancel

Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation

Thanks for the post Qh183 and welcome to our community.

Are you the account holder? If so they should be able to go through alternative security with you.

We're not able to go through package changes or cancellations over the forum but you can with the team on 150/0345 454 1111 options 1, 4 then 4.

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos