Menu
ahughf
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation

After a week of firstly no Internet, then slow speeds, that contained multiple attempts to contact virgin on line and via the virgin Media app on my mobile, and eventually by phone I am now at the end of my tether. So I have ordered BT's Fibre2 service that will be half the price I currently pay Virgin Media, and it will be faster. Here is my concern though. I will need to cancel my VM account once BT are up and running. As I understand it cancelation can only be done on the phone, but it is (almost) impossible to contact anyone on the phone. Surely this cannot be right, and I am sure Offcom would have something to say about it (I've take a half day off work so I can attempt to sort this out) I eventually got through to someone on the phone taking the 'I'm thinking of leaving' option, but the 150 call hung up 20 minutes into our conversation! The rest of this afternoon will be contacting Offcom to see wher I stand if (when) I am unable to contact anyone to cancel my account.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancellation

Hi ahughf,

There are three methods you can use to cancel your VM.

1) You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of cancellation  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

2) You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues or around tea time.

3) Write to them to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

If you are still in contract there may be some early cancellation fees

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ahughf
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just been on the phone to Ofcom (now I know how to spell it :)) I have to raise a complaint AND notification in writing to VM and they have 8 weeks to reply. No doubt VM will use the 8 weeks to continue to bill me, and Ofcom have stated that if I fill out their complaint form, detailing the issue now, then I will have it logged with them. If VM then continue to bill me for the 8 weeks after I send them the cancellation request I will have evidence (along with the order acceptance from my new provider) which are adequate to get a refund for the extra charging after cancellation.

0 Kudos
ahughf
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave, I did not know about the text service. I have been looking on the VM site, but I didn't spot it. No doubt my issue. On the phone option 150 very rarely answer, they did today, when I chose the "I'm thinking of leaving option" but due to a fault on my VM phone line the conversation ended 10 minutes in. So as you see that is an issue in my circumstances. I will use the text service as you suggest, but I am also going to use the Ofcom suggested option of logging the issue with them and writing as well.

I can catalogue the issues I have had with VM here if you think that would help. There is nowhere I found on their website to do so, and the VM app on my phone has lost my 6 day message conversation with them.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ahughf,

To log the issue with VM you can raise a complaint online /contactus/make-a-complaint 

There's also a link at the bottom of that page to VM's Consumer Complaints Code of practice which details what to do if the complaint isn't resolved and who to contact.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi AHughF,

I am sorry for the trouble you've been having whilst trying to cancel, I am afraid the only team that can process cancellations are the retentions team, who can be contacted on 0345 454 1111, option 1, 4 then 4 again. The best time to call and avoid the call queue is 8am in the morning. Alternatively you can wrote to us using address - Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA – with a clear explanation that you are giving notice to leave, your personal and account details and must have your written signature on. 

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos