Menu
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation

Hello, My contract is ending on 28th and notification email says that I should call to let the team know otherwise the contract will be renewed. I wish to opt out. I tried calling and even after waiting for an hour no body answered the call. It keep saying that I should visit the website and there are no clear option for cancellation on the website either. I dont know what should I do. How should I let them know that I dont want to continue. Please help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation

Hello, My contract is ending on 28th and notification email says that I should call to let the team know otherwise the contract will be renewed. I wish to opt out. I tried calling and even after waiting for an hour no body answered the call. It keep saying that I should visit the website and there are no clear option for cancellation on the website either. I dont know what should I do. How should I let them know that I dont want to continue. Please help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

You will have to give 30 days minimum notice.

With regards to cancellation I am afraid they cannot be dealt with in the forum.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you. You can also call in on 150 or 0345 454 1111 best times to call are first thing in the morning, use the option "Thinking of leaving", but again wait times my be long.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Sikanderjaffer,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your contract renewal looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration and concern. I am unable to cancel or amend your contract on here as SCA1972 mentioned, but I can give you some numbers to call which can help. I can also say that you will not be automatically recontracted in the date shown in the letter, this is just the end date of your current contract. However after this date, if you do not call up to ask for a new deal you will be liable for out of contract charges, you can cancel at any point whilst you are out of contract but your bills may go up. 

Please call 0345 454 1111 option 1, 4, then 1 to speak to the upgrades team - or chose option 1, 4 then 4 again for the retentions/cancellations team.

I hope this helps calm your nerves slightly!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My contract is ending and I understand there is no notice when cancellation is requested after the contract end. The issue is same I am trying to reach someone for couple of days now but not found any way to speak to someone. I tried calling them 8 in the morning and waiting till 9 so thats too much to be on a call and keep waiting. I have drop a text to your provided number. I hope I get some response. 

0 Kudos