Menu
amosperrins
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation

From what I can tell there are three ways to cancel with Virgin Media:

• Call the customer relations number (not free for myself, not being Virgin Mobile customer)
  • Send registered post to operation support in Nottingham (also not free)
  • Wait 16 hours in the chat to get transferred, at which point I'm in work and then have to begin the whole process again when I get back from work

I'm aware a phone call/registered post is not too costly but I wouldn't be cancelling my contract if my financial circumstances weren't a little dicey. If this process were easier to navigate, even though I'm leaving Virgin I would have gladly recommended them to anybody who could afford them as their fibre broadband is second-to-none.

As a result of three wasted nights waiting for customer service operatives my attitude has soured - Virgin appear to be exploiting the current crisis to make their cancellation process even more difficult to navigate. If I don't get through to somebody tonight, to hell with it - I'll send the registered post and will actively discourage people from signing up with Virgin.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation

Hello there @amosperrins

Welcome to our Community and thanks for your first post; I was sorry to understand that you wish to leave us. As you correctly advise, we have 3 ways in which you can contact us to book your 30 days notice to leave our family

1. Call us on 150/03454541111. 150 is free from any Virgin Media landline or mobile. Our 0345 number is charged the same as calling an 01 or 02 number and us included in the majority of mobile talk plans these days. 
  2. You can text us on 07533051809. Replies are not immediate allowing you to get on with your day and reply at  your leisure. You should have a response within 24-48 hours. 
  3. You can write to us at the address listed within our T&C:  Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG

Where possible, it is usually best/quickest to call or text us. This then gives us the chance to chat with you about your account directly, confirm any forwarding address or chat about the billing. 

There should be no reason you can't get the help you need and we'd love to be able to assist you if you do call us. It is a very simple process and shouldn't cause any stress or concern so I am sorry you have found the process to be harder than expected. 

Hope you manage to get the help you need; please do keep us posted. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
amosperrins
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

Can you get your bosses to put a big 'Cancel account' button on the 'My Account' page? I really don't fancy venting my spleen at some poor customer relations operative at the end of a phone - this process tries the patience of everyone involved (but, lucratively for VM, ties some customers to a contract they don't want).

Sorry for wasting your time - I hope you're paid for this because I know I'm not.

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi amosperrins,

We can certainly pass on your feedback from here regarding your online account request. 

If you change your mind, then the team over the phone are there to help, and will understand any frustrations you have, and hope to resolve them. So please don't worry about calling. 

I hope that helps.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
patrick0
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re contacting Virgin Media customer services for free - try 0800 9528046 - I called them on that today.

I always use the Saynoto0870.com website to find free customer service numbers as many companies (Virgin included) purposely make their customer contact phone number details difficult to find.

0 Kudos
amosperrins
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks patrick0, that's really useful to know - after talking with 5 different customer service representatives then being disconnected from the call 54 minutes in I don't have any confidence that my cancellation has been handled correctly (despite receiving a confirmation email) so I reckon I'll be giving 0800 9528046 a try at some point in the near future.

Virgin really shouldn't be putting their customers and customer support representatives through this unpleasant ordeal.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @amosperrins

The 0800 number provided is our Sales line and is also available on our website - this number will not put you through to anyone different than if you used the 150/03454541111 and may even take longer as it is a sales number. 

I can only apologise that  you are finding it so difficult to get the help you need to cancel your account with us - it should be a simple and easy process. To get through to the correct team first time and to avoid any transfers, please call 150 and select option 4 from the main cable menu. Then select option 4 again. 

Our Customer Relations team are currently option 8am - 8pm  

Thank you. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos