Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation

I am absolutely mortified of the services that Virgin media has given I was previously on a one year contract with them and I was paying £27 a month. This year February it ended and I wanted to cancel my contract Because it would’ve been double the amount I was paying £50 plus so then I l called up cancelled it and switched over to a new cheaper broadband provider. It’s not only till 6 months later I have received over £300 bill from virgin media of services that I wasn’t aware of and of something that I wasn’t using then get told that I have to pay for something that I’m not using not only have I tried to go through multiple people to sort this issue out but then to be given stressful and overwhelming customer service from virgin media I really feel like this is morality and ethically unfair since I assumed that everything was cancelled I’m no longer with the provider. I need help to try and sort this out any suggestions because now I’m getting debt collectors writing me letters and it’s getting very patronising and I feel very distressed and alarmed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation

Hi Suss,

When you switched provider, did you ask them to take over your phoneline  and transfer your number over? Going that route they would request Virgin to port your number over which would cancel the phone but nothing else.

Or did you call Virgin and cancel the full package?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The service I get is broadband internet, I finished my contract with them and I didn’t want to pay for the price they was charging me. I called up saying I wanted to cancel and I got my internet provider changed over however I’m now I’m debt over £300 with a service I wasn’t even using and haven’t realised I was still with them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Suss

Welcome to our Community and thanks for your first post to our wall; I was sorry to understand that there has been some issues with your disconnection request back in February this year. Usually we take 30 days notice to close your account - once your account fully closes, you'll the receive a final bill in the post around 10 days later along with a returns back to send your equipment back to us. 

If the disconnection did not go ahead then you would have still been billed as usual each month; we would have continued sending you bills via the same method (usually ebilling so via email). If you had received these this would have given you some indication that your account was still open. 

When you booked your disconnection, did we advise of any Early Disconnection Fee's that were due that may not have been paid? Did you cancel your direct debit before the last bill has been produced? 

I have been unable to locate your account from your forum information so I'll pop you a Private Message so we can take some details from you in order to check this for you. Please look out for the Purple Envelope and pop me a reply if you still need assistance. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos