Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation

I have spent over 2 hours trying to get through to cancellations, (4 different calls all cut off as soon as someone picks up their end to speak) being a key worker I don't have time to sit and keep calling, yes I know the covid situation, but that is no excuse, eventually when I do get through, explained my situation, currently working from home The 1st day I worked from home the internet went off at 3pm, so the agent says, "you are using residential broadband, therefore shouldn't be using it for business, it's alright the government telling people to work from home". WOW just wow. Also advised there are no deals to be given at present or the near future, due to the situation.

Anyhow I won't go on, the agent supposedly put my cancellation through but continued to argue..So

I have no idea if the cancellation is put through

Are you supposed to get some sort of notification, email, text message, or at the very least see it on my account?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation

If you explained you wanted to cancel, and confirmed you gave your notice then it should be all fine. You'll receive contact before your services are cut off, to first offer a better deal, and secondly to send back any equipment. The customer service rep should have also confirmed your last day of service which should technically be the last day of your original contract, unless you weren't under contract then it is easy to work out 30 days hence. 👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's due to end July 11th according to my contract, I'm just gobsmacked by the attitude of the agents at virgin media.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So your services will end 30 days from now, you might be charged another bill, however, that will either be a small amount or the full amount which will be refunded. Seeing as you might have a further 7 days of service. Hopefully that is clear.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

hmm I'm not convinced as looking at others that have cancelled they have received emails stating when their service will be terminated, I've had nothing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've also cancelled, handed my notice in and everything. Haven't received an email, etc. It is on the account though, I had this confirmed just recently when discussing another matter. You will get a call in a couple of days from rententions, they will try to offer you a better deal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

forgot to add it isn't on my account either

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yeah that won't be updated as far as I am aware. Did the customer service rep confirm with you the last day of service? It will just cease to work after that, and you'll get a message asking to return the equipment they lent you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi JohnGW75,

Thanks for your post. 

I'm really sorry about the experience you've had when speaking to our team, it's disappointing and not the level of service we'd expect. 

Whilst we can't process cancellations via the community, I'd be happy to take a look at your account to confirm the cancellation for you. 

I'll pop you a private message now.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos