Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation

I know there are several previous questions on this, but I have failed to find an answer....

PLEASE does anyone know how to cancel my account?????

No answer to repeated call attempts, no response to 'instant' chat, no email address on the site...

I have saw a few answers saying put it in writing, does anyone have the postal address?

TAI

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation

Hello

With regards to account issues I am afraid they cannot be dealt with in the forum.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you. You can also call in on 150 or 0345 454 1111 best times to call are first thing in the morning, use the option "Thinking of leaving", but again wait times my be long.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation

Mail address for cancellations is in section N of this document.

A few thoughts - consider recorded delivery, know that in current situation the cancellation may not get processed quickly, you've got to give 30 days notice, I recommend you leave the direct debit in place until it is all resolved and cancelled (including return of any equipment to VM). 

And if you're just changing ISP, you might not want to cancel VM until the new service has been up and running for a week.  If the new service isn't up to expectations you can just cancel and stay with VM, if it does meet expectations then you've only paid for a few days of overlap.  And if the connection to the new ISP is delayed or faulty, you won't be without internet access.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos