Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation

Hi all

Absolutely fuming with virgin. On the 8th of April I rang up to cancel my subscription after being with virgin for 5 years. The guy I spoke to says all done will put on your 30 days notice on your account to cancel it so 30 days from 8th of April would be 8th of May the account would be closed. Couple of weeks passed and I thought I haven't received a email or anything through the door to confirm it. So I opened up a text chat I finally got through on the 27th of April where I explained to the person I had not received a email or anything.

He looked into my account and said I can see you requested to cancel on the 8th of April so would be 30 days from there which I replied should I pay my direct debit on the 6th of May as its upto 28th of May he says yes your get it back. I updated my email through there and said your get your final notice through there. Fine all sorted I thought

8th of May goes and I be got my new provider all going. Last week thought to my self haven't received any email so I looked at my account and was still open. 

So I contacted the text service again to ask why which they told me there had no request to cancel! I said I rang up on 8th of April and spoke to someone on the text service on the 27th of April who confirmed it. I said look back through your phone conversation and I screenshoted the texts from the 27th of April.

To what they returned oh I can see it but it looks like a glitch!! I can't request the cancellation so I'll put you through to them 2 days have passed and heard nothing as I write this. I have a direct debit coming out on the 8th of June for £69 there's no chance I'm paying it as this should of been sorted not once trying to sort it but twice! As they can see by my usage data I have not used the TV or broadband or phone since 7th of May!!

Absolute shambles and need it sorted ASAP and money owed back to me

Thanks sam

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation

Hi Fleury14

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you've had some issues with the cancellation. I can see you've spoke to the team since posting and all should now be resolved.

Is this the case? Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos