Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation

I’ve taken out a contract with virgin media for myself and my friends uni accommodation we’ve moved out over 2 months now and aren’t there anymore can we cancel the the contract with virgin media or do we have to pay the rest of the contract off? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation

If you're still in a fixed term contract with a discount, then according to the letter of the contract you'd need to buy your way out of it, at a cost of up to £250.  You could ask for them not to charge the exit penalty as a gesture of goodwill in the current circumstances, but don't hold out too much hope because VM have a very poor reputation for being reasonable.

Added to that, you'll struggle to get through on the phone to cancel, you can write (search VM's Broadband terms and conditions and look for the section on "other ways to end this agreement"), but I'd be surprised if the first line staff dealing with cancellations have any discretion on these matters, so you might have to pay the exit penalty and then write to VM's chief executive asking for some of it back.

0 Kudos