Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation

Hello I would like to know how to cancel my broadband that has not yet arrived and was wondering if I still get charged as I have not started my contract 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation

You should not be charged until connected, and if you cancel up to 14 days after connection then you don't pay any penalties.  After that there's large contract exit penalties for the period of the introductory discounts, usually a year. 

If you do want to cancel your order, then at the moment I'd suggest you write to the cancellation address in the Terms and Conditions.  Given that VM may not be able to process the letter promptly (and their customer service is grim enough without pandemics) keep a copy and get proof of posting.  Ideally you might want to send it via a service that confirms delivery, and then in the worst case if it all gets screwed up and VM try to install, or start billing you, you might have some hassle sorting it out, but your legal position will be bulletproof.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos