Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation

I cancelled my account with the 30 days notice and was told all fine and to cancel direct debit.  I have now received another bill - what to do?  I appreciate that call centres are closed but don't want to receive a further notice that I haven't paid.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation

Hello

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

you shouldn't of cancelled the DD. you should never of been old to do this. you still have bills until the day you cancel then you get a refund if overpaid

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

afaik the advice to cancel the DD was wrong - you will get a final bill that needs to be paid - any over payment is then refunded by cheque 

can the DD be re activated - that would be the easiest - one the final payment is taken it can then be cancelled

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks both.  Since posting this, I have gone back into the account but it now says I've left and they can't show the bill - any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

the online account can take a day or two to update - maybe its that - just keep an eye on it - still better to put the DD back in place - save debt collectors etc

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I don't want to reinstate the DD as I don't owe them any money - I cancelled correctly, had paid the last amount, so therefore shouldn't owe them anything.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

if you paid the final bill on time no worries but i'd check this as often the last bill gets missed if your are paperless as the account closes

0 Kudos