cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

Bbc20
Joining in

Hi I’m having a headache trying to cancel my account been trying to do so since 28/12/2022 as the contract was coming up for renewal 5/1/23 and I didn’t want to renew it. I have told several customer advisors of this thru the WhatsApp message and still today 24/1/23 I’ve received a phone call for over due bills and a new bill for £142.69 😖 Kmt…. I’ve had it up to here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Bbc20, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I apologise for the experience that you've had here. During the dates stated - have you been able to speak to an agent to put the cancellation in place? I can appreciate that you have attempted to contact the team - but giving notice to cancel with an agent would be the relevant steps needed to process the cancellation. The bill would carry on generating until this has been completed. 

I would advise to contact the team on: 0345 454 1111, option 4 and then option 4 again. This is where the team would be able to put this right. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Bbc20 wrote:

Hi I’m having a headache trying to cancel my account been trying to do so since 28/12/2022 as the contract was coming up for renewal 5/1/23 and I didn’t want to renew it. I have told several customer advisors of this thru the WhatsApp message and still today 24/1/23 I’ve received a phone call for over due bills and a new bill for £142.69 😖 Kmt…. I’ve had it up to here.

Not too much info to go on but, to leave VM, you have to give 30 days notice. During that 30 day notice period VM continue to bill you, as per normal, right up until the day of disconnection. Once you are disconnected, VM issues you with a final bill. Depending on when your billing periods cover, and any direct debit dates, your account may end up in debit or credit at the end. If in debit you pay off the final bill. If in credit, VM refunds you. The return (or not) of any VM equipment is also factored into the final bill.

VM may be totally hopeless in its delivery of customer service but its debt collection processes run very efficiently and largely on an automated basis so if you are getting warnings of unpaid amounts that may well be the prelude to a referral to the credit reference agencies and then on to debt collectors. Plenty of past topics about that on here causing problems for former customers who VM thought still owed money.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Bbc20, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I apologise for the experience that you've had here. During the dates stated - have you been able to speak to an agent to put the cancellation in place? I can appreciate that you have attempted to contact the team - but giving notice to cancel with an agent would be the relevant steps needed to process the cancellation. The bill would carry on generating until this has been completed. 

I would advise to contact the team on: 0345 454 1111, option 4 and then option 4 again. This is where the team would be able to put this right. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

dave_xan
Joining in

Worst service ever.  My partner just tried to cancel her service and after 2 hours and 8 different people she gave up and just cancelled direct debit.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@dave_xan wrote:

Worst service ever.  My partner just tried to cancel her service and after 2 hours and 8 different people she gave up and just cancelled direct debit.

That was a seriously unwise move.  Read goslow's post above.

TThe best way to cancel is in writing, by recorded delivery. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi @dave_xan 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of this cancellation experience and also that you want to cancel. A direct debit cancellation will not cancel the account.

Please either call us on 150 / 0345 454 1111 or write to us at this address 👉 Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

@dave_xan wrote:

Nooooooooooooooooooooo. Just nooooooooooooooooooooo. Send a letter of cancellation in by recorded delivery. You are legally covered then.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving

Do consider making Ofcom aware of the issue faced when trying to cancel by filling in their monitoring form here: Tell Ofcom