Menu
Trevor747
Tuning in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation

Hi, I am 6 weeks into my virgin contract. However I have lost services twice in that time. One a couple of weeks ago for a couple of days. And now I have had no TV service  since the 25 September and will not have a technician visit until the 05 October. Is 12 days without TV services a breach of contract? I have had 2 previous technician appointments cancelled by virgin on the understanding that my services were working. This is incorrect which they have a aknowledged. I also have had intermittent broadband and phone issues. I was also informed work was going on too fix faults in my area. Have I got grounds to cancel my contract and ask for a refund. 

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation

Any faults are 30 days to resolve from when VM are first notified as per the T&C, if you are within your 2 weeks cooling off period then you can utilise that opportunity to cancel without penalty regardless of reason.

If after 30 days we have been unable to resolve a delayed provision of
Virgin Phone or Virgin Broadband or a total loss of service, we may give
you notice that we are ending credit payments being made to you under
the Virgin Media Automatic Compensation Scheme (click
here to view
the policy). If we give you notice, we will offer you the right to end your
agreement without needing to pay an early disconnection fee. We will give
you no less than 30 days’ notice of our ending such credit payments and if
you cancel your services before the end of this notice period you will not
be charged an early disconnection fee (even if service is restored or your
activation is completed in this notice period).

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Trevor747
Tuning in
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2019/broadband-and-phone-firms-put-...

Your link above is cut off and missing -put-fairness-fist

0 Kudos
Trevor747
Tuning in
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

The mention of 30 days to fix something that's broken is a joke. I will have to look at the consumer council regulations 2015 and check my rights. 

Trevor747
Tuning in
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Absolutely love it when you reply so quickly I work for virgin media but the posts are my own . Ha ha you couldn't make this up. God I have never laughed so much in my life 😄😄😄

0 Kudos
Trevor747
Tuning in
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

1. Customers’ services work as promised, reliably over time. If things go wrong providers give a prompt response to fix problems and take appropriate action to help their customers, which may include providing compensation where relevant. If providers can’t fix problems with core services they have promised to deliver within a reasonable period, customers can walk away from their contract with no penalty;
0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Surprisingly I was required to put it as part of my signature, even though prior I never announced I was an employee. As for the replies I can't say much for that other than boredom gets the better of me.

In relation to what I mentioned above with the 30 days, it's listed in the Terms and Conditions outlined here https://prod.ctassets.virginmedia.com/uploads/Terms_and_Conditions_TV_Fibre_and_Phone_POST_01_SEPT_2...

If you either CTRL + F part of what I pasted, or just look for "R. Liability to you" you can find it on the left side under paragraph 12.

0 Kudos
Trevor747
Tuning in
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Paragraph 11 is better? 

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

11 is in regards to Broadband/Landline, from what you mentioned it was only TV so if there is a broadband fault, then you may be entitled to compensation under the Speed Guarantee, but again even that is 30 days of monitoring to be eligible for disconnecting penalty free should they agree the service etc is unacceptable and not resolved in 30 days. https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/speed-policy

"If the actual download speed provided from our network to your Virgin Media Hub falls below the Minimum Guaranteed Download Speed, and this happens for 3 consecutive days or more (whether continuously or intermittently during each day), and we are unable to fix the problem within 30 days of you reporting the problem to us, [[you may have the right to end your agreement without paying an Early Disconnection Fee. ]] You need to contact us if you have a speed problem via the contact us page (click here)"

0 Kudos