Menu
LauraDrum18
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation

I phoned on the 4th January to give my 30 days notice to cancel my contract. I was told on the phone that this had gone through but I received no email clarification. This week, on the 28th January, I received an email saying that my contract price was due to go up at the start of February. I rang Virgin again who ensured me that my contract had been cancelled but that this was just an automated email sent to everyone. I have now received another email with my next bill - at the higher price.

There is no indication on my emails or online account that my is due to end in a few days. I have spent over 3 hours on the phone to virgin on multiple occasions, but the issue doesn’t seem to be fixed. Is there anyway I can ensure that I am not charged my next bill? Since I am not supposed to be!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation

Hi LauraDrum18, thanks for contacting us, it would have been automated as the system will not detect that the account is disconnected until the disconnection date. The next bill would still be produced and we would send a final bill within 38 hours of disconnection. Have you now managed to get this confirmed or would you like us to have a further look into this for you? Chris. 

0 Kudos
LauraDrum18
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris, Thanks for getting back to me. So if my contract is due to end on the 3rd or 4th February (not sure what was confirmed), when should I expect to receive that final bill? 38 hours before or after that date? Thanks 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It would be after that date, once the system detects that the service is expired a final bill will be printed. ^Chris 

0 Kudos