Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation (yes, another one about cancellation)

I've seen plenty of traffic on here about difficulties with cancelling VM, and I'm sure my story is little different, but I'm sharing it anyway.  I realised early on that contacting VM by phone is a waste of my time so I wrote to them at Diamond Plaza Nottingham in accordance with clause N.1 of my contract to "terminate our agreement for VM to provide broadband services" at the end of the "minimum period". No acknowledgement or reply.  My letter was was tracked and I have a delivery receipt, so there's no excuse.  I wrote a folIow-up letter to berating them about their lack of acknowledgement. No response to that either.  I  launched a complaint to VM (complaints are handled by the Sunderland office, SR43 4AA) about their failure to acknowledge formal communications, enclosing the original letter.  In response I get a 'vanilla' acknowledgement letter for the complaint but nothing thereafter (they committed to respond within 28 days, but that expires on Monday so I'm not hopeful, so I I have a follow-up letter ready to go to Sunderland complaining about their failure to handle my complaint properly).  Meanwhile I lodged a complaint with Ofcom's monitoring service about the difficulty in switching supplier from VM.  Next I get a (presumably automated) email from Virgin Media Payments (Reading) billing me for services post-cancellation.  I've cancelled my direct debit, obviously, so it will be interesting to see what happens next.    The more VM compound their failures the more I'm likely to be awarded from CISAS I suppose, but on the other hand I'd rather I didn't have to spend my time on all this tosh.    

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation (yes, another one about cancellation)

one comment - cancelling the DD is fraught with danger - as you have found not much is joined up within VM - if the system thinks you owe them money the dept will be put out for collection and your credit file marked as default

now not of that is anything to do with you as you have given notice - well some of it may be as they usually collect another payment and then take 45+ days to issue a refund by cheque - but that apart they will have no issue putting it out for collection etc - so then you are back to the non joined up system trying to get the mark off your credit file

so be careful if that matters

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that Tony - I fully expect some robot to kick off about it but conversely I'd rather not part with money whch I'll then have to go to torturous lengths to recover.  As per normal practise with incorrect invoices, I'll write to VM payments to dispute it - if they then (erroneously) attempt to mark my credit rating I'll pursue another complaint for that too - and if CISAS award for that as well then VM will probably have made a loss on the whole contract...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jnh_leics

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies that you've not had a reply. I'll PM you so I can assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos