cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation within the 14days cooling off period

FrederickO
Tuning in

I cancelled my service within the 14 days cooling off period. I was told by the WhatsApp chat team on one occasion that i would have no charges. Yet I was debited for the exact charges i would have paid had i stayed with virgin £63.60 from the direct debit set up. I chatted their team on WhatsApp and the person on the other end asked me to call my bank and reverse the chat. I have called my bank and the fee was reversed. This was on the 21/22nd of Nov. By December I got a mail stating I was oweing. I ignored. Later in January I noticed they’ve put it on my credit report as missed payments and accounts in arrears, causing my points to drop by 189!!!

Please I will need this to be resolved as soon as possible as I cancelled the contract 6days after I received it as they could not resolve the port network it was getting. I find it very difficult understanding how a product that was never even used and sent back 6days after an online subscription would be costing me this trouble. How can this be resolved please? Please find my details below and revert.

Full name on your account - [REMOVED]

Account Number - [REMOVED]

Direct Debit date - [REMOVED]

Last bill value - [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

2 REPLIES 2

FrederickO
Tuning in

4B6BA5B8-FF4C-4B5C-84D0-D7066B153646.jpeg

 this is the message they sent to me.

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

You're right, that cancellation within the cooling off period should be free (excepting any out-of-package call charges or content purchases), so the company are in the wrong here, and this is a clear breach of consumer rights legislation.  In addition to refunding the charges, the company need to correct your credit history as they've notified this to credit reference agencies, and for this appalling mess they should pay you compensation - I'd suggest asking for £120.

Forum staff can probably resolve this for you when they pick your message up (sometimes quick, sometimes a day or so).  If there's any difficulties, or if they try the company's miserly goodwill payment (compensation) offers then we can explain how to get the matter investigated and solution imposed on the company by Ombudsman Services.  If you need to involve the ombudsman, read their guidance carefully to make sure you comply with the scheme rules.