Menu
nakr
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation within 30days but after 14days

Hi,

My contract started on the 22nd December, but I am very unsatisfied with your service. 

I have had significant spam calls on the landline the past few days. Which only started after the cooling period finished. I would like someone to investigate the spam calls and also an independent body to investigate how virgin media handles these calls and how much data and information of users is available for spam callers to get. My initial reaction from the timing (after cooling period) and number of calls is that virgin media may have a vulnerability, or possibly selling their user's phone numbers, this needs to be investigated as many many people have been complaining in the forum's. 

Another thing was that I was sold the contract with the V6 box, and all new contracts are getting 360 box, I had called about this and one advisor said that I can get the new box but only if I pay the extra £35 setup fee, another advisor said that he can waive the fee but it was not available in my area, which I later found out to be a LIE. One of my neighbour in the same building and floor had the new 360 box. 

There have been other issues too, like they miscommunicated the initial contract terms and said they have waived the setup fee when in reality they hadn't, they just removed it from the separate CREDIT I was offered for joining, this was not communicated clearly. 

If you are thinking of joining virgin media because you saw a good deal or think their fibre optic is worth it, please reconsider as you may regret it. 

Regards,

Upset customer

0 Kudos
nakr
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation within 30days but after 14days

To add :

I have spoken to customer service about all of these points. 

For the SPAM calls they were not very helpful, the only thing they could do was check if I'm on ex directory. Otherwise they wanted to charge me £2 A MONTH to block anonymous calls. This wouldn't even work because it's only for numbers that are withheld. Most spam calls spoof phone numbers to make it look like they're legitimate. With SKY they have SKY TALK SHIELD which I had, we got ZERO Spam calls, and I believe the service was free, or maybe a small one time add-on charge. 

About the v360 box the customer service misrepresented the availability to me. 

And the contract thing wasted so much of my time, I had spent 2 hours (1hr 49mins) on the phone on the first day of my connection that I had just given up. 

If you're a looking for a new contact just save yourself the hassle, look elsewhere before you decide on virgin media. 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation within 30days but after 14days

Thanks for the post Nakr and sorry to hear of this. 

You an take a look at the telephone preference service to block calls. 

In regards to the 360 box and the welcome offer, we can take off the installation fee but there would still be an activation fee for any equipment that we activate which is £35, this is hardly ever taken off for an offer. 

We'd not be able to look into the 360 box availability in your area however, this may also include the activation fee if you were to upgrade. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos