Menu
Mike19871
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation query

Good evening,

I cancelled my Virgin Media TV & broadband towards the end of June & received an email confirming that it would end on the date I was advised on the phone. 

My query is they seem to have sent me an email with changes to my account & a new monthly fee? I checked online and it says I’ve accepted a contract which is certainly not the case. Is this an automated process and will it change when the cancellation occurs on 8th August? 

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation query

If you have a new supplier and ask them to port your landline number, they have to take over your landline which requires removing it from your contract for the remaining period of your 30 days notice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation query

Hi there @Mike19871

Welcome back to our community; sorry that you had some confusion with your disconnection request. As our VIP @Ernie_C has advised, if you have requested to take your number to another provider from us, this will create separate disconnection orders; the landline is removed from your contract and you revert to a TV and Broadband only for the remainder of the notice period. 

I can only apologise that this was not explained to you at the time. 

After locating your account from your forum information I can see that the account in question has since fully closed as requested; if you still require assistance, please do not hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be happy to help you out. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos