Menu
hsnnh
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation process

Just called the hotline to cancel my virgin contract. I have just received the equipment, not activated and still within the 14 days cooling-off period.

The Customer Service (Pre-installation I believe) staff asked for my email address on the phone and then sent me a "Confirmation of cancellation" email. 

May I know what should be in a "Confirmation of cancellation" email?

There is no reference number, nor my account number quoted in the email. When I ask her, she had refused/unable to give me any reference number or her staff number, she has only given me a "First name".

When I ask here how do I send back the equipment, she cannot tell me and asks me to speak to the CS team. 

Apparently, I am still able to log into the virgin website to see my virgin account. it has no indication of my contract has been cancelled. Can someone give me some light what should I do to make sure my contract is terminated?

Thanks very much

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
mark1ee
Up to speed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation process

When I renewed recently it took up to 48 hours for the new contract to show in my online account, it might be the same process for cancellations? I would check online again tomorrow or Sunday, maybe there will be something showing up then?

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi hsnnh,

Welcome to the Community Forums and apologies for our delayed response.

I am sorry to hear you decided to leave us during your 14 day cooling off period, it's a shame to see you go so soon.

As the services were never activated, we technically cannot process a disconnection. The team will have just cancelled any pending orders on your account, which means the account will then fall into a state of 'cancelled or never installed'.  Have you been able to speak with the team after posting so they can confirm this?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
hsnnh
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth, Thanks for the response. I notice that my account page says I am not with Virgin anymore. I had spoken to your colleague a week ago and he said that a prepaid return kit would be sent to me to return the equipment. However, I still have not received the kit. 

I have just ordered the return kit yesterday, can you help make sure it will be posted to me, so I won't be charged for not returning the equpiment? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, hsnnh,

Apologies for the delayed response. I can confirm that the package was ordered.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
hsnnh
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey,

It's been over 2 weeks, I also tried to order the return pack separately on your website a week ago, but nothing has been received so far.
Please make sure this is a delay on your part and no fees or penalties would be raised, please?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, hsnnh,

Have you still not received the returns kit, since posting? 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
hsnnh
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey,
No return kit has been received here. Thanks

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

OK I'll send you a private message to confirm we have the right details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos