Menu
Tracyb37
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation of service

Hi. My contract is due to expire next week. I’ve been with virgin (and previously telewest etc) for 24 years. I telephoned on 14 December 2020 to cancel existing contract and (after a lengthy chat) the operator was unable to offer me any discount to continue to stay and my price would increase approx £20 for basic tv/internet package. I’ve gone online today and a new direct debit has been set up to start on my renewal date. I’ve tried various means of contacting virgin to no avail and have cancelled the direct debit. Sad thing is I’d have stayed with them if they were able to offer a deal. Can anyone advise how I can get in touch (given up with the regular number and text service) to ensure my service is cancelled. They also said I would receive a letter, to date nothing has arrived. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation of service

Cancellation issues can't be dealt with on here, I'm afraid you will need to persist with calling or texting.

If you want to be sure of your cancellation notice having been given, you can (as per https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services 

1. In addition to your rights to cancel during the cooling off period, either you or we may end this agreement at any time (including during or at the end of any minimum period) by giving the other 30 days’ notice.  You can provide notice and end this agreement under this provision by:

1. dialling 0345 454 1111 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts.  Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary); or

2. writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

2. If you end this agreement in accordance with paragraph N.1, you must pay any outstanding charges (including usage charges and line rental) up to the end of your 30-day notice period.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos