Menu
pgrittini
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation of contract

To whom it may concern

I have twice raised this complaint through the online webform whilst I still had access. I have had no response and so for the third and final time I am raising this issue. I was a virgin customer for some time and was quite happy with the service provided. And so, when I moved, I was disappointed to learn that I could not get service on the road I moved to. Especially as I had only recently renewed my contract. I renewed from 12.8.2020 and had to cancel when I unexpectedly found a rental property which I had to accept immediately. Our cancellation of service was around the end of October. All my bills are paid in full, in fact virgin owes me a small refund! However the company wants to charge me for termination of contract. Taking into consideration that I wanted to stay with virgin, returned all equipment, paid all outstanding bills, only had the renewed contract a very short period of time and virgin cannot supply the service to my street, I am requesting that this fee be cancelled. My details are below.

Sincerely

Philomena Grittini BSc Hons

Customer Account Number  [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]
Area Reference 14

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation of contract

Hi pgrittini, thanks for the message, this is not the experience which we want you to have with us. We want to look into this for you to see what has happened and will send you a private message. Chris

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation of contract

the EDF are valid.
You take out a contract at the installed address for a minimum term.
Moving breaks this contract so you will be charged the EDF. Its capped at a maximum of £240

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks