Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation of account - how long should it take?

Not sure this is the right board so apologies if it's not.

Anyway we've recently switched to Sky broadband for both that and a landline phone number (porting our old virgin one over) and called virgin on the 9th of October to cancel which they said would be done I believe once our number was ported over to sky which it now is.

As we still have access to virgin broadband I'm wondering how long it should take to cancel from out of contract and whether I need to call up again and chase it up.

I gave it a few weeks to make sure the number had been ported over fully and to assume a 30 day cancellation period so as this is nearing 1 month since we called to cancel I now don't want to have 2 different broadband accounts and the same time nor double payments.

Thanks for any help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancellation of account - how long should it take?

Hi darklighthim,

When the telephone number has been succesfully ported over to your new provider then should automatically cancel the VM phone contract, however you will still need to give 30 days notice to cancel the broadband, it depends how the cancellations team actioned this on your account. For peace of mind I would speak to retentions and confirm that the broadband has indeed had the 30 day notice applied.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It seems that they didn't cancel the whole package like we wanted (miscommunication?) but rather just cancelled the phone line only. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi darklighthim,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear there was some confusion regarding the disconnection of your account.

I've been able to locate your details using your forum information, and can see everything is in hand.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos