Menu
Router7G
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation of Broadband and phone line on contract end date

I have called virgin many times to cancel my contract. No luck most times, on the few occasions when I was able to get through I was given conflicting information and when they finally got a £32 offer after so many attempts of me trying to get through, the advisor couldn't put it through giving reasons like, system frozen, can't access the account, there's a block on my account and unable to check for update. So I kept ringing trying to make the account stop on the end date of 10/02/2021 with no luck sometimes I have to be on the line for about an hour. Bear in mind I have been trying to call virgin since about December 2020/ January 2021 on or about 30 days to contract end date of 10/02/2021, and the advisor I spoke to was able to get me an offer of £40 which I rejected and I told him to put a stop on the account on the end date of 10/02/2021 and he promised me he would that the contract wouldn't continue beyond the contract end date. On 4/2/2021 I got through to another advisor who after I had explained everything to, promised me that a manager will call me on same day to resolve the issue, I waited all through the day no call came. She even asked if I'd like the call to come on my mobile or virgin landline, and I said mobile because I didn't want to miss it. No call came. On 05/02/2021, I called again and I spoke with another advisor who put me through security and listened to my complain and said she was going to look for an offer for me, she said I shoukd stay on the line she'd shortly be back about 30 minutes later, another advisor came on the line and was asking to put me through security again to verify who I was, again. After the discussion and her not able to resolve the matter, I requested to speak to a manager. She said she's happy to request that but that it will take around 72 hours for one to contact me. I explained to her that tgat wasn't I was promised yesterday, but she tried to defend the 72 hours time frame. I have been through a lot and I've had a very nasty experience with virgin. I have been a loyal customer to virgin and have never been late for any payment or declined any payment even though the bill have been increased since I began with virgin, which I'm not happy about. All calls I've been made aware are recorded please take a listen. And I need this matter resolved ASAP.

I want contract to stop on 10/02/2021 without me having to pay anything as don’t owe virgin anything. 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation of Broadband and phone line on contract end date

Best time to call Virgin for cancellation is 8am and using this number 0345 454 1111 options 1-1-4-4 failing this you can give notice by post to the following address.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Router7G, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you have issues with the cancellation and would not be able to book that here. We would ask that you call the cancellations team on 0345 454 1111 options 1-1-4-4 so that we can book the request. We are also available on 0800 052 2164 ^Chris

0 Kudos
Router7G
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. That’s the issue I’m having, Virgin now wants to give me another 30 days for the cancellation to take effect. Whereby I will still be paying them I don’t want this to happen as I’ve advised the customer service advisor. When I’ve called in December or January and told them to stop the account on the end date, the advisor advised me that he was doing it even though I decline the £40 offer he said he found. 

0 Kudos
Router7G
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Now virgin wants to keep me on the contract for 30 more days against my wish. They call it 30 days notice even though I’ve been ringing since December for the cancellation 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It's likely you could get final bills waived.

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
Router7G
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes thanks but what do I need to do? I've been given conflicting information all along, by virgin staff. 

Especially in this pandemic, the last thing Virgin wants to do is to fod customers off their hard earned money. I'm seriously gutted. 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Open a complaint through the website, and hopefully someone can follow up and resolve the issue properly.

JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've asked for this to be flagged for follow up but can't guarantee anything I'm afraid,

0 Kudos
Router7G
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

thank you

0 Kudos