Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation not processed despite request and extra payment incorrectly taken

Hi,

I called to request a cancellation with Virgin Media on the 24th October. I was advised that this had been put through and my services would cut off after 30 days.

I was advised by the agent that I would receive one more bill.

Since this date, I have received the following bills:

28th October - £113.47 (covering the dates 26 Oct - 25 Nov)

28th November - £113.47 (covering the dates 26 Nov - 25 Dec)

I understand that the bills are taken in advance, so the bill on the 28th October is correct. However, I shouldn't be paying a bill covering the dates 26 Nov - 25 Dec, as this is after the 30 days.

I haven't received any confirmation of cancellation and services still appear to be on, so I can only presume that the cancellation was never put through, even though the agent informed me that it had been done.

Following on from my cancellation request, I signed up with Sky. I asked for my Virgin Media number to be transferred over, which Sky arranged for me. After Sky requested this, Virgin Media sent me an email stating my package had been changed, to remove my phone line and I will now be billed a higher amount (£127.60) instead, with the next bill being on 30th December. Clearly, I wouldn’t have requested for the phone element of my package to be removed, just to pay a higher monthly price than I already was.

Could you please assist with the following queries:

1) Why wasn't my cancellation request put through by the agent, when I requested this on 24th October?

2) How do I arrange for a refund on the incorrect payment taken on 28th November?

3) Can I be assured that no payment will be taken on 30th December?

I’m extremely disappointed that what should have been a simple process, has ended up costing me money and so much time taken to attempt to resolve.

Many thanks,

James

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation not processed despite request and extra payment incorrectly taken

just out of curiosity, did you inform the agent on-call that you were taking your number to Sky? If so then may actually be processed for shortly after your port. I'd recommend you call & speak to the Retentions team so they can further investigate it & answer the questions you have

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation not processed despite request and extra payment incorrectly taken

I did not inform the agent that I wanted to transfer the number. I just asked them to cancel the contract and I was advised it was done.

Is there any possibility this can be looked into without me having to waste my evening calling them. Last time took me over an hour and they were not particularly helpful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi JamesU, 

Thanks for using the forums to speak out about this, and thank you for giving us so much information about what has happened. I am so sorry that this has happened, however I am more than happy to try and help with this. 

I want to have a look at your account so I'll send you a PM now so we can chat more privately, just look for the purple envelope. 

I'll help as much as I possibly can James!

Speak soon.

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for getting back to me.

I don't seem to have a PM. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi JamesU, 

I am sorry about that I have popped you over a PM now just look for the purple envelope and I will look into this for you 🙂

Many thanks

Zoie_P

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie, 

Apologies for the delay, I've replied to your PM now.

Thanks, 

James

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Glad we have sorted this out for you. if you need anything else we are a post away 🙂

Many thanks,

Zoie

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I have still not received a cheque for this after 28 days. Could you please confirm if this has been sent?

Thanks, 

James

0 Kudos