Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation is too difficult

Hello, I am in need of some guidance as to how I can resolve this;

I called Virgin Media on the 18th May to cancel my broadband-only service. I was told my service would end after the 30-day notice period. The operator cancelled the service, advised my what will happen next and to wait for a final bill and for details on how to return the router.

I received confirmation of the cancellation by email in May. On 18th June I received an email to inform me of my 'upgrade' and that I had been set up on a new 12-month broadband contract - the complete opposite of what I requested.

I called the helpline several times but could not get through. I complained using the web form and asked them to rectify this. Nothing for six weeks and then a letter, saying they were unable to reach me (although they have not attempted this) and the complaint would be closed. But if I wanted it kept open to call the call centre. Still not able to get through, so I pressed '1' to get a text message to receive online support. Pressed '1'. No text message.

I have since tried to lodge a futher complaint online, but the web form is now only set up to accept complaints about the mobile service. Any suggestions welcome. I've paid up until 18th June and cancelled the direct debit for later payments, but the emails notifying me of 'late' payments for July and August are becoming a nuisance.

Thanks,

Phil

Tags (2)
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation is too difficult

Nat just Cancellation are Pain in Neck with VM but using all they services they provide . every time I phone customer service have to explain A 2 Z Again and Again same thing on Online Chart / Phone Chart but never problems gets sorted i have been with VM for long time but every time i log in to my VM Account they information in my account never up to date. like how long is my contract left and when it started. what services are included in my package ETC. all the information is available from last terms contract .why why??????
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation is too difficult

Hi akharsamina65,

It's possible that you cancelled only cancelled your broadband package and not the mobile package. They are completely separate and need to be cancelled independently.

When you look at your bank statement what are you being charged for? The broadband and the mobile, or just the mobile?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos