Menu
Djroper
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation help

Spoiler
I wonder if someone can help me. I normally wouldnt try and do this kind of thing through a forum, but unfortunately im getting nowhere through other avenues.

I moved house end of Jan 21, and was attempting to cancel my contract. Been with Virgin Media 6 plus years. Initial attempts to phone i couldnt get through, managed to finally speak to someone 6th Feb 21, after around 1 hr 45 mins waiting. After speaking with agent about cancellation, was told they were wrong department and they put me through to another departement. Call was disconnected by virgin. However, same day i received an email confirming i was leaving from Virgin Media Disconnections. All good.

Log into account, still being billed, still being charged. Wrote letter on 13th March complaining, again requesting cancellation. No response. Still being charged for account.

I phone again 21st April, after being billed again for contract i have cancelled. Spoke to agent who confirmed that my letter was recived (referred to as complaint) on 19th March, but no action taken  they process my cancellation, and then transfer ne to another team memeber to sort out refund for past months payments.

Agent in transferred to says there will be no refund, that my cancellation date will be 21st April. I refute this, citing both the initial phone conversation, the letter (that they acknowledged had been received) and the email confirmation. I am informed the email confirmation from Virgin 6th Feb was sent in error, and I should have been the one to realise this? No ownership of virgins inaction over receiving my follow up letter in March. I refuse to accept responsibility for this catalogue of ignornace from Virgin, so am given an email address of the agents Mangaer/supervisor, qnd asked to forward a copy of my letter, and advised that they dont have to respond for 72 hours. 

72 hours passes, no response, no acknowledgement. I have just recieved a further bill, which features a credit (but nowhere near the overpayment i have made these past few months) plus a cancellation charge?

I am literally at my wits end, please could someone contact me to help resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation help

Hi there @Djroper,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your post. I'm really sorry to hear of the trouble you've been through whilst cancelling your services.

I would be happy to look into this for you to try and get this sorted finally. I'll send you a private message to get some account details from you to locate your account.

Please look out for the purple envelope at the top of the page, thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Djroper
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Molly, ive responded to your PM.

0 Kudos
Djroper
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Big Thank You to Molly_g for all your help to resolve this!

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Glad to have been able to help with this @Djroper 🙂 

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos