Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation from abroad

Hi!

I've seen a few different posts on cancellations, but haven't seen a solution to my problem yet, so I'm desperately hoping someone can please help!

I have been trying to cancel my contract for weeks now. Due to COVID I relocated to Australia in March to be with family for a couple of months while we waited it out (my father is high risk). Now that it is obviously going to be longer than that I would like to cancel my contract (especially as I've since lost my job due to COVID).

As I can't afford to pay £2 per minute to call the hotline (as from the sounds of it I'll be on hold for hours or the line will drop out), I've been trying to get through via the chat service on the website. I have waited for hours and over many days only to have several triage staff tell me they need to transfer me to a colleague who can access my account - then no one ever gets back to me. I have finally just been told by yet another triage member that I need to call to cancel my account. They've since transferred me to another colleague, so yet again I've been on hold for an hour and imagine I will be for the rest of the day. As mentioned, calling is not possible while I am in Australia, so can someone please advise how I can cancel my contract abroad? 

Thanks so much in advance,

Kate

Note: my 12 month contract has just ended this month and I've received a bill almost double the price for next month, so I am keen to cancel ASAP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation from abroad

Hi there my name is Pawan Paul I am a virgin media technician

The easiest way to get a hold of someone is to message our first-line support on our live online chat. They are the best chance of getting someone to fix this issue.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation from abroad

Hi Pawan, 

Thanks so much for getting back to me!

Unfortunately I've been trying to get through on the live chat for the last two weeks to no avail. As mentioned, I get through to triage who then transfer me to someone 'who can help' and then I never get another response. My concern is that if it goes on much longer I'll be charged for the additional month of usage (even though I haven't used my service for 2 months already!).

Thanks,

Kate

0 Kudos