cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation charged wrong - nobody answering phone etc etc

Gigzilla
Joining in

Hi,

I cancelled my contract on 22nd July. I paid my last sum early August. I have been sent a bill for £81.98 but by my calculations Virgin Media owe me 9 days refund from the bill I paid in august. 

I have tried several times to contact customer services, I was in the queue for 30 minutes, agent answered they put me on hold and then hung up, called back 40 minute queue no answer. Text service referred me to whatsapp, whatsapp referred me back to text service which gave me no other options. Web chat worked until I selected cancel contract, then it cut connection and started again, I couldn’t believe this, it just repeated again and again. Seems when you want to leave virgin media put their fingers in their ears and won’t help, but they quickly send me a ridiculous bill that does not reflect my exit procedure. 

I am so frustrated with virgin media, I have tried continuously to leave in an appropriate manner but with no one wanting to deal with this it has become so tedious and frustrating.

how can I get this sorted out if nobody want to deal with it?

3 REPLIES 3

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Gigzilla 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you've been having trouble with getting the team to sort these incorrect amounts for you. I'll certainly be happy to take a look at this for you.

I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

SimonMoore67
Joining in

I am having the exact same trouble. I have spoke to someone on the phone that said they would look into it for me. They promised to email me correspondence for proof of my call and that I would receive a letter on how to access my bills after leaving. I am being contacted daily by a debt collection agency called Capital Resolve Ltd. 

I cleared the account before cancelling only to be chased a year or so later for £84! On my credit file everything is saying unreported and payment made and then Ive got defaults ever since. From the bills i can find on my emails it actually shows I was in Credit with Virgin Media. I shouldn't have be jumping through hoops and not getting any answers or being on hold for ages. I want this sorting!

Gigzilla
Joining in

Hi, is anyone else from Virgin Media able to help with my issue?  I was speaking to Nathan but he seems to not be available any more.

I was hoping I would get somewhere with this today..

nick