Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation blues

Contract for Broadband and landline originally M50 [but upgraded for free by Virgin to M100] ends on 25 November. The Thinking of Leaving (sad emoji) Virgin Broadband page advises "the best way is to call us." I rang on 0800 064 3836 at 1pm today and spoke to someone who did not understand me very well (must be my accent) and vice versa, as when I said I wanted to leave she went on to talk about signing me up for new services! Eventually transferred to Retentions Team. Hung on until 14:50; same one or two boy-band type songs [kill me now!] played for 70 minutes; then silence. Call disconnected at 14:50. Initiated chat at 13:52. Terri Triage Bott says:"Info at 13:53, Nov 19:You’re now in a queue to speak to someone who can help. Our team is available every day 8am – 10pm. We aim to respond within 4 hours, but this will take longer if you’ve contacted us outside of our opening hours. We will respond to you. To help us help our most vulnerable customers, please only phone if your query is urgent.Reply ‘yes’ now to continue the transfer." Still waiting. How will I know when the chat assistant is available? Cannot watch the screen for 4 hours! Rang again and got Ryan after about 18 minutes at 15:06. Unable to make an offer around £20pcm so am leaving for Shell Energy, Vodaphone or Plusnet (via MSE website - don't really need megafast download speeds). Even though Ryan said he was in Retentions Team he needed to transfer me to someone else to end the service. A line rang 3 times...then the sound of silence [not the song, unfortunately]. My phone screen showed still connected....answered by Scots lady at 15:13. Deals offered were higher than the Black Friday offer of £24.99pcm! (around £28). Disconnection arranged for 19 December and informed I would get an email confirmation re end of service. Still had to give 30 days notice from today and informed I will pay  new price of £44 for last month (pro-rata). Told systems were down today when I said had been calling since 1pm today. Bye Virgin - was good whilst it lasted but prices way too high and not really competitive unless on special offer.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancellation blues

Good afternoon @gritpype 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that it was a bit of a debacle getting though to our retentions team. 

We will be sad to see you take your business elsewhere, however we completely understand the predicament. 

We do wish you all the best with your new provider and If there is anything more we can advise you on then please do let us know and we will be only to happy to assist. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M  

0 Kudos