Menu
kkpner
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation and direct debit

I would like someone to give me an answer to the problem below. I am confused.

I have cancelled my rolling monthly contract with VirginMedia today. The monthly contract starts on the 10th of every month and the direct debit is paid on the 1st of the month. The contract would be cancelled on the 10th July as the month will be up. From looking at the website and talking to Customer Services I understand that the monthly charge is for the month ahead. Hence the direct debit that'd be collected on 1st July would cover me until 10th August just as the payment on 1st June should cover me until 10th July. Then why does the cancellation department say that the direct debit will be collected on July 1st?

Could someone explain, please? what have I got wrong?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation and direct debit

..because your account is still active at that time, given the 30 day notice required.

You must pay this bill and any refund will be made available on your final bill, once your account is closed, at the end of the notice period.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
kkpner
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Ernie_c.  I think I understand. So, the amount debited in July, should, in theory be refunded once the account is closed. 

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes but the refund is only by cheque!!

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

kkpner
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, Ernie_C.

0 Kudos