Menu
EpicFrustration
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation and Terrible customer service

Hello

I'm writing here because I have nowhere else to turn to vent my anger and frustration at the worst customer service department I have ever encountered. I recently moved to another country and wanted to cancel payments made to Virgin media for Broadband I am no longer using, I previously had a 12 month contact which was continued on with a new contract never being signed by myself but with payments still being paid. Now I have left the country I wish to no longer have the services connected as they are connected with nobody using them. I explained this to the customer service department and was told I need to pay around £78 in disconnection fees for a contract I never signed. I explained this to them and explained how I never signed a new contract and my old one is now expired to which I was told the only way to cancel is to pay the £78. I explained I'm no longer living at the address nor am I in the country and there is a serious amount of doubt as to whether or not I have a legally enforceable contract. I explained that seeing as I'm no longer living in the UK I could easily cut the direct debit and just disappear with no trace (especially when living in a different country) But I don't want to do this as If I deicide to return to the UK I would use virgin media again to which I was threatened by the agent that If I cut the Direct debit they would get debt collectors to pursue me at my old address. (Pathetic) I explained that seeing as I am now in a different country (permanently) it was going to be really hard for a debt collector to pursue me if not impossible. All I want to do is cancel the contract I never signed without incurring any 'fees' as I have easily spend thousands of pounds with Virgin on services including Broadband, flights & gyms. I can easily avoid paying this money by dragging it out the long hard with debt collectors who will never be able to recover this money.  But  I don't wish to do that as I would like to leave and maybe return one day on good terms.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation and Terrible customer service

Hi EpicFrustration, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues. 

Whenever you change your package, or negotiate a new price, a new contract would be sent. Continuing to use the services at this point is classed as acceptance so the contract would stand. 

If you're still within a minimum term then the early termination fees would stand I'm afraid. 

To get things cancelled down, you will need to call the team back. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos