Menu
js59919
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation & returning the equipment

Hi guys,

I've just come off the phone with customer support and I have been told that the returning parcel for the equipment will be sent AFTER the cancellation date.

We are moving at the end of the month so there will be nobody here to return the stuff. I asked them to send me the parcel earlier so that we can send the equipment on the last day, nope. I asked them if I can personally send the equipment, nope. So I just have to deal with paying 40gbp and throw their router in the bin? I am already paying the 240gbp cancellation fee even though Virgin cannot provide their services where I am going (abroad). I also have a feeling the phone system is purposely made so that people have to spend at least an hour to get anything done.

Who makes these systems? Seriously?

The whole thing seems like it has been set up to scam people and I am very surprised there are no laws protecting people from such unfair treatment.

I have also made an official complaint on the 31st of May and I was supposed to be called within the next two weeks, nope.

Is there anything else I can do or do I just have to suck it up?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation & returning the equipment

Hi js59919,

Have you checked <<< This link >>>  to make sure your equipment needs returning?

If the kit doesn't need returning there's also a link on the same page detailing local recycling points.

Returns packaging is usually sent out 10 days after the cancellation completes, although in some areas VM are arranging technicians to pick up equipment instead of sending out returns packaging. If a tech is picking up the equipment then the tech will send you an sms message.

You can also request returns packaging using <<< this link >>> 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

js59919
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave thanks for the reply.

I do need to return it, I sent a request through the second link. Hopefully, it gets to me in time. How does the customer support team not know about this?

Also, when should I expect to be contacted regarding my complaint(s)?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi again js59919,

With complaints in some cases, it can take up to 28 days.

Sadly a lot of forum posts people are saying they haven't been contacted, even though they've received an email from the complaints team saying they have tried to phone the customer.

If the returns packaging doesn't turn up in time you could use the same link again and ask for the packaging to be sent to a friend/neighbour if you've been able to come to an arrangement with one of them.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi js59919,

Welcome to the Community Forums - thanks for posting here 🙂

I am very sorry for the confusion and inconvenience caused regarding the fact that the equipment returns kit being sent after your moving date - I can completely see why this would cause frustration. I will certainly ensure that this error is fed back.

I would like to look into the complaint you have with us and seek to provide a resolution. I've popped you over a PM so I can take some details and we can discuss your complaint and desired resolution from there,

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos