cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation Scam

Freedom2023
Joining in

Absolutely disgusted with the way the cancellation system works. 

No online chat, on hold for hours, bounced around different departments

Also lodged a complaint with Virgin Media.

2023 - all other service providers do this online.  No wonder your trust pilot review is so poor.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Do please let Ofcom know all about your cancellation experience with VM (see email address and case reference in link) https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/bulletins/enforcement-bulletin/open-cases/cw_01275 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Do please let Ofcom know all about your cancellation experience with VM (see email address and case reference in link) https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/bulletins/enforcement-bulletin/open-cases/cw_01275 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you simply wish to cancel your services with no further discussion with VM …

You can cancel your services by post as per info below

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media

Use a first-class, signed-for delivery service. This will give you a date/time of delivery when you gave VM your 30 days’ notice to cancel. Also keep a record of the tracking number.

If you cancel during a minimum term period VM may charge you early disconnection fees.

But so much hassle, to do something so simple as cancelling 

Well, it's a case of relative degrees of hassle when VM is involved!

People (who simply wish to cancel, with no further discussion with VM) regularly report on here spending many hours across many days simply trying to make contact with VM and process the cancellation.

The time taken to write a cancellation letter and post it at a post office on a first class, signed-for service will be less in comparison.

The first class post, and a signed-for delivery, also carries a certain legal weight in having a paper trail tracking your instruction to VM to cancel your services. This is helpful in case any VM 'confusion' arises in the process and the case has to go to arbitration.

Since VM knows this, cancellation by letter does seem to be one of the more reliable methods to cancel as reported on here.

Admittedly, having to send a letter by post to a service provider in 2023 is ridiculous but VM has chosen to make itself non-contactable which is why OFCOM is currently investigating VM

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/bulletins/enforcement-bulletin/open-cases/cw_01275

zamarra
Tuning in

Really bad customer service when trying to give notice to cancel contract: I am experiencing this now.  Expect to be transferred and cut off and held in an endless loop of someone getting actually back to you.  Waiting for 3hrs now. 

QuoteThisRaven
On our wavelength

Even VM agents many times have to tell the Disconnection agents that they will be reported if they drop the call or if they dont book the costumers disconnection.

VM demands unrealistic results and creates cheap off shore operations where they offer meager bonus if Rententions and Disconnection agents achieve certain monthly results that are not reasonable in the slightest.

In poor countrys of Asia and Europe an extra 100£/125£ makes a lot of difference in someones livelihood.

That is why these things happen.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Freedom2023, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear this.

If you wish to give your 30 days’ notice you can do it  by just sending a WhatsApp with a description of the cancellation to +447305 327 112 or you can send a letter to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA. 

Anyway after checking at our side I can see you've spoke to someone about this, did they manage to put the cancellation in for you? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Yes I did after finding the what's app number.

I am still being told I will be charged a cancellation fee despite my account saying my contract has expired.  Been with Virgin for three year on the same contract and you want to charge me an early cancellation fee because you can't provide broadband at my new property.  You want me to send bank statements or bills to not have to pay this.  It's outrageous, no other company I have dealt with has made it as difficult as Virgin to cancel a simple contract.  Moving home is stressful enough without these underhand tactics to try and squeeze another month or two out of people that are too busy to spend half a day on the phone.  

Thankyou - will do!