Menu
ArthurD
Tuning in
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation Letter Confirmation

CB4CB2

I'm sorry to hear you appear to be finding it even more difficult to cancel your Virgin contract than the nightmare I faced. Perhaps a response to the text may take longer than usual due to the challenges of working with Covid-19 distancing.  Here are two further approaches which worked for me: first I lodged a formal complaint with Virgin. Details of how to do this can be found on the Virgin website. As it happened, my contract was ended after the third phone call I made, but if that hadn't happened, I feel the complaint would have been worthwhile. Furthermore, about 2 years ago I made a complaint about my Virgin broadband and that proved successful, too. The people you get to communicate with from the 'complaints section' (my phrase) seem altogether more capable. Second, if the complaint is not resolved, you can refer the matter to the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution, free of charge.

Arthur

CB4CB2
Tuning in
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Managed to eventually get hold of someone on chat after 3 hours again today .. and just as going to process request .. got cut off and now back to the starting point yet again. Also wrongly told that sending a letter to VM was not a valid way to cancel the contract. Perhaps they should know what is in the contract !!

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi CB4CB2,

Thanks for coming back to us and I'm sorry to see you've been having a difficult time cancelling the contract,

Can you please confirm which postal address you used to process this request? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
CB4CB2
Tuning in
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Gave up with chat as so dreadful. The worst I've ever experienced and over 8 hours of my life wasted with no resolution.

Rang 0800 9522 277 (free from landlines) and when it was answered after about 5 minutes I spoke to a real person ... Hoorah ... and matter resolved in minutes.

Please stop having layers and layers of different bots and chat depts. Educate and authorise your 'chatters' to be able to do the things they need to do rather than pass queries on to one dept and then the next. My request was really simple and should not have raised my blood pressure to bioling point.

And start by updating your contact details to give out this free phone number so that people can get hold of you without being charged for talking with you.

And why should I be pushed into this community to get any dialogue ? Just crazy way of treating customers. No wonder Trustpilot show VM as a 1 star company to deal with .. and I am sure many would prefer to rate them lower !!

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.virginmedia.com
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the difficulties you went through to cancel your services

We're pleased we were able to finally process your request

We wish you all the very best with you new provider

Kindest regards,