Menu
CB4CB2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation Letter Confirmation

In May I sent a letter to VM at the address in my contract notifying VM that I did not want to renew my service when my contract comes to an end later in July.

To date, I have had no confirmation that this letter has been received and the 'no extention request' has been processed.

Given that I have just had a reminder email stating that my service is about to extend - can someone please contact me with confirmation that my service will NOT continue after by contract comes to an end.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
peterjgander
Joining in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation Letter Confirmation

I'm having the same difficulty contacting VM re the end of my contract in mid June. I've cancelled my s/o hoping they'd make contact but they have just sent me another invoice for £67.00 when the 12 month contract was for £37.00 per month. I sense they are deliberately making it almost impossible the end the service.
ArthurD
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I had the same problem when I wanted to end my 12 month mobile contract without renewal in January. I tried phoning and then wrote a letter to the registered office. Virgin seemed to make it as difficult as possible. Truly appalling service. After I phoned a third time, increasingly angry, they agreed to end the service, just before the 12 months was up. All this was before the challenges posed by Covid-19 so it may be even more difficult now. I suggest you cancel the direct debit, so at least they can't take any more money.

CB4CB2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Peter. Have been waiting on "Chat" for well over an hour and a half now hoping to get an answer. Next SO due after contract is due to end now cancelled. Infuriating company ... Chris

0 Kudos
CB4CB2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Annoying aren't they Arthur. Am awaiting a response on chat. Good job I haven't been holding my breath as I'd have passed away a long time ago ! Next SO cancelled. Chris

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi all.

My apologies you've not heard anything regarding the cancellation.

Please either give us a call on 150 // 0345 454 1111 options 1 and 4 or pop us a text on 07533051809 and we can assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
ArthurD
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

John-GS 

Thanks for the phone and text numbers for anyone who wants to cancel. Do the same numbers apply to the cancellation of virgin mobile contracts, please?

If not, could you please provide their numbers?

Arthur

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi ArthurD,

there are various ways of cancelling a mobile contract.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-how-do-i-cancel-my-contract

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
CB4CB2
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Text sent as recommended. Awaiting confirmation that de-activation has been initiated.
0 Kudos
CB4CB2
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Still no response to my text.

Spent over 5 hours on chat yesterday with no success passed from one person to the next after about one hour between each - and now having to go through the misery all over again today.
0 Kudos