cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation Fee

JetpacZX
Joining in

Hello I would like an idea of how much my cancellation fee would be.

My contract is due to end Feb 2024. 

I pay £57 a month atm for 500mb Broadband.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JetpacZX 

VM contracts are usually for 18 months, so assuming you took out the current contract in August 2022 the most you would pay is £288 including VAT.

If though you are a new or recontracting customer on or after 4 April 2023, this cap does not apply.

See https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/early-disconnection-fees 

If however you are moving to an area outside of the Virgin Media network, and that property is not connected to the VMO2's broadband network  (they don't supply the service in that area) then you should be able to follow VM's process which was introduced in <<< February 2022 >>> and provide evidence of your new address to have the EDFs removed.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JetpacZX 

VM contracts are usually for 18 months, so assuming you took out the current contract in August 2022 the most you would pay is £288 including VAT.

If though you are a new or recontracting customer on or after 4 April 2023, this cap does not apply.

See https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/early-disconnection-fees 

If however you are moving to an area outside of the Virgin Media network, and that property is not connected to the VMO2's broadband network  (they don't supply the service in that area) then you should be able to follow VM's process which was introduced in <<< February 2022 >>> and provide evidence of your new address to have the EDFs removed.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

JetpacZX
Joining in

Unfortunately it looks like I am stuck till Feb then.

Was hoping to jump to BRSK.

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

As a rule, you agree, when signing up to pay VM for the next 18 months, so add up how many months of your minimum term you have left, multiply that by your monthly cost and that’s the disconnection fee. Except, by agreement with OFCOM, the fee is capped at £280 odd irrespective of how long you have to go.

Iin your case the contact has been running for about ten months and still has eight months to go, so £57 x 8 is £456 you owe them, but as I said above, there is a cap on the early disconnection fee of £280 odd, so that is what you would need to pay them!