cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation Fee Homelessness

ameliagibson
Joining in

In May 2023 my grandmother signed up to virgin media while she was under section 3 of the mental health act, which legally any decisions made during that period of time must not be set, when she became better in June 2023 she decided to carry on paying her monthly Virgin media.

Now August 2023 she has been given eviction notice for the 29th of September at no fault of her own and will be made homeless so therefore she cannot physically carry on with virgin media until she finds accommodation to carry on using your services

We called up virgin Media and they demanded that my grandmother needed to pay £688 to cancel the services as they said it’s not virgin media’s fault that she’s being made homeless.

I think the service we got given was extremely out of order and not helpful, I don’t see how virgin media think this is expectable to do this to a 68 year old pensioner with low income.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ameliagibson 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and so sorry to hear about the issue with the account.

I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further so we can have this resolved for you, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ameliagibson 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and so sorry to hear about the issue with the account.

I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further so we can have this resolved for you, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs