Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Canceled service but still received a bill

I canceled my broadband on 22nd October and received an email confirming the contract had been terminated & I’d be disconnected on the 22nd November. I was told I’d receive a small refund.

I just received a bill for Dec 1st - 31st for the same amount I’ve been paying each month. Am I ok to ignore this? I’ve canceled the direct debit already.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Canceled service but still received a bill

no you need to pay it.
when you cancel you will be billed as normal until th disconnection and if you have any credit on the bill after this you'll get a revised bill/refund.

be careful not paying it or you can get a nasty surprise on your credit file in a few months time if a payment is missed

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi anon365

It is as the fantastic @apcyberax has explained.  I would highly recommend keeping an eye out for the revised bill after the disconnection actions.

Regards

Lee

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the responses guys, great advice.

My contract expired on the 22nd and early this morning (25th) I got a revised bill with the expected £11 credit so all is well. I just needed to have a little patience. 

So, if you’re in the same situation as me, probably best to leave your direct debit running until you get the revised bill (likely a few days after the end of the contract).

Cheers.

0 Kudos