Menu
simonhatesvirgi
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancel this useless service

I have just spent almost an hour(not to mention previous calls). Trying to cancel this useless service. On hold with worst music you could ever want to listen to. Is it a ploy so you give up trying to cancel..

I have cancelled direct debit as its now my only option.

Does someone have a number i can call which doesn't involve waiting on phone for 30mins.

simon@webworx.co.uksimon@webworx.co.uk

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel this useless service

Canceling the DD does not cancel the service all it does is trash your credit rating and get debt collectors involved, you can cancel by post

Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9ZJ

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

simonhatesvirgi
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Do you work for virgin? If so you should be ashamed of yourself

I have just spent another hour on phone with no result.

Suppose sending a letter(which for a communications company is a joke) Is the only way then so be it.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I don't work for Virgin 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
bromham
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Most of the people who offer help and advice on this forum are customers, just like you and me.  When a reply is made by someone who works for Virgin, they clearly identify themselves as such.

The advice you were given about the danger of just cancelling the direct debit was correct.  VM would react by chasing you for payment, pass the matter to debt collectors if you fail to pay and eventually report a default to the credit reference agencies.  Telling you what would happen is no reason to be "ashamed of oneself" - it's simply trying to be helpful and suggesting that you avoid all that hassle.  As is the advice to write to VM if you have difficulty in cancelling by phone.

We know that VM's customer service is poor - no-one here is trying to justify it.  Equally, there's no need to be rude to other customers who are trying to help.