Menu
zygisg
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cancel services outside the UK

I've been trying to cancel my services all day today to no avail. First, the live chat that led nowhere as I don't have some kind of password they need, then the call centre where I was just ignored. 

I don't have a fixed contract so in theory it should be fairly easy to cancel it. Why is it so tedious? I'm out of options and don't know what to do. I'm tempted to just cancel the direct debit on my bank's end and be done with it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel services outside the UK

I'll pick a few bits of general advice initially. You've alluded to having forgotten your C/S password, I'd hope you understand why any C/S agent would require verification that the person on the phone or chat, is the account holder and is entitled to discuss specifics. Having said that, if you call into C/S, they should be able to ask alternate questions to establish your identity and reset those details.

Secondly, all VM contracts are rolling ones that just have a minimum term - in order to have Virgin Media services, you have a contract. Your part of that contract includes keeping up regular payments, and just cancelling those doesn't serve to stop your contract - but will serve to invoke VM's debt management process. If that runs its course, then your credit file can be negatively impacted for years to come. So I really don't recommend cancelling DD's and thinking that's the end of it.

Having said all that... your options are, on the face of it, the same as they are anywhere in the world. VM is a UK company and the standard cancellation options are explained in the T&Cs - the pertinent section is...

"1. In addition to your rights to cancel during the cooling off period, either you or we may end this agreement at any time (including during or at the end of any minimum period) by giving the other 30 days’ notice.  You can provide notice and end this agreement under this provision by:

1. dialling 0345 454 1111 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts.  Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary); or

2. writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos