cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel services but don't know security answer

PuzzledRichie
Joining in

I am organising a house move and the new property can't provide Virgin services so I want to cancel my services. Every route I try to go down asks me for a security answer that I don't know.

How can I cancel my services or talk to a real person instead endless chat bots?

8 REPLIES 8

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The forum team can help you set a new Memorable Word and issue has been flagged to them.

FWIW it is no longer possible to do this via My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details, read more here How to manage my account | Virgin Media Help; also flagged to the forum team.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @PuzzledRichie 

VM have recently updated My Virgin Media and you should be able to update the memorable word (security question) by logging in there.

When logged in click on Account Settings >  Account Details > scroll down to Telephone Security Details  (memorable word) > and then click on Edit

You need to speak to the Home Move so they can process the account closure, and provide the necessary information you need to ensure yuo aren't charged  any early termination fees since you are moving to property within the UK that they don't service

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PuzzledRichie,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're looking to cancel your services and that you don't recall the memorable word details. We're unable to process any package change requests from here, but the retentions team will be able to assist you as they deal with all package change requests (upgrade, downgrade, cancellation). They can be reached on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline).

If you call and the system requests the account number and/or memorable word but you don't know it, allow the request to loop 2-3 times without entering anything and you can proceed to the next stage to speaking with a member of the team. You can then offer other details to locate the account and go through security checks with them.

As @newapollo has explained, your security information can also be updated via the My Virgin Media online account.

Keep us posted and let us know if you need any further help with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

there is no account settings anywhere

and you can't phone in without your memorable word !!!!

Absolutely stuck

Hi @alisonhutton06 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having a similar issue with your memorable password. I can however see you have recently been able to reach our team regarding this issue. Was our team able to resolve this issue for you? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

unfortunately they were going to put me through to customer services but did not, I need to give notice to end my contract on 17th of this month.  I am an older lady living alone and only use my wifi for alexa.  I am now in a position that i am not able to do this any more and just need to end my contract.  I am not switching i just no longer require wifi in my home.

Sorry to hear you are looking to leave our service. I can understand the frustration caused and want to best help. I have had a look into this and I can see you are currently speaking to our phone teams regarding this. Please remain in contact with our team so they can best help process the cancellation for you.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs