Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancel my TiVo

My TiVo stopped working yesterday. I then had to spend the rest of the day waiting on hold for an hour to get hung up on. Your solution to that seems to be closing the call centre entirely, who needs customer support after all.

You've ignored every tweet I've sent, and expect me to wait 24 hours on a chat window to get a response. Beyond a joke. You charge me more than your very top package for 200MB and a **bleep**ty unreliable TiVo box. I've had it. Time to cut the cable. Cancel the TiVo and put me on your M200 phone and broadband package then I'll spend the c. £90 saved on all the streaming services I want (with a fair chunk of change).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel my TiVo

Hello

With regards to downgrades / cancellations of part of service I am afraid they cannot be dealt with in the forum.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you. You can also call in on 150 or 0345 454 1111 best times to call are first thing in the morning, use the option "Thinking of leaving", but again wait times my be long.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There's not a chance I'm wasting any more of my time trying to contact you via phone. I wasted all of yesterday in that futile pursuit. I've raised a complaint via your website, my expectations of this being responded to are minimal. Give me an address so that I can send written notification of the cancellation of my contract for when the complaint is inevitably not resolved. And don't try to use COVID as an excuse for your offshoring of support and complete lack of resilience, profiteering is the the real cause.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi wbm1874,

To cancel the full contract you can write to them to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

If you are still in contract there may be some early cancellation fees

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early

Cancelling the TIVO only may affect any discounts you currently have on your package. To cancel the TIVO only you could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

If you decide to phone again then it's best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos