cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel contract

joleen84
Joining in

I’ve been out of contract for nearly 2 years and my bills are £150+ per month. My second box which I also pay for has not worked for over 2 years. I’ve called virgin numerous times to explain that I cannot afford the monthly bills and have asked each time for them to reduce my monthly package. I’ve been told that I cannot do this unless I pay my total bill which keeps escalating due to me not being able to afford it. I’d be more than able to afford it if I was able to reduce it as well as pay back what’s outstanding as I don’t use half the services I pay for. But it’s becoming impossible with each month that goes by as they keep adding more and more on. I work nights so by the time I get home from work 5am I have a few hours before I have to get up and go back to work. Cs is not available at this time and when I have tried calling them before work (2pm) I’m on the phone for at least 1 hour only to be told I can’t reduce it. I’ve asked for them to give me an email address so I can send them a message which I’ve been told they don’t have. I understand that I can send them a letter by post but id have to do this through the post office recorded delivery which would take even longer considering my post office has queues out the door at the only time i have free. 
I honestly don’t understand how vm gets away with making it extremely difficult just to reduce it whilst allowing my account to continue to get higher. I don’t want to cancel I just want to reduce 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stoplatepayment
Joining in

You will keep getting charged they will never show for people drowning in debt due to cost of living crisis and if you get through on the phone it will be to a foreign land with a person who has no grasp of the English language and will just keep repeating “pay your debt “ I am fuming and raising a complaint with the ombudsman because this seems to be the only option left for me. Good luck to you

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Stoplatepayment
Joining in

You will keep getting charged they will never show for people drowning in debt due to cost of living crisis and if you get through on the phone it will be to a foreign land with a person who has no grasp of the English language and will just keep repeating “pay your debt “ I am fuming and raising a complaint with the ombudsman because this seems to be the only option left for me. Good luck to you

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi joleen84,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

We are sorry to hear you've been struggling to reduce your package price with us and for any stress this has caused. 

I'm afraid that we are unable to assist with package changes or take payments from here. The balance on your account would need to be cleared in order for us to alter your package. 

The best team to speak to about this issue would be our Collections Team on 0345 142 4444. They will be able to support you further with your payments and will be able to discuss your options with you.

I'm sorry that we've been unable to help further from here.

Beth

I was hopeful in thinking that the customer service advisors were just fobbing me off and incorrectly trained. And someone would reply to me from virgin to actually try and help me but from the response I’ve received from virgin below proves that I was wrong in hoping I’d get help. Thanks for your reply I’m now going to also do the same and raise a complaint with the ombudsman . Good luck with your situation 

I am sorry you feel this but on the forums we are limited to what we can deal with.

Please do keep us updated on how you get on. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

AleksV
Joining in

And Virgin is wondering why they have 1.8 rating on Trustpilot... The worst service I have ever had... I am still trying to cancel my contract, but I think the best option will be to place complaint..

Hi there @AleksV 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums.

We are so sorry that you have faced this issue trying to cancel and we understand your frustrations.

Have you called on 0345 454 1111? If so what have the team said?