Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancel contract

Hi I spent 2.5 hours on the phone today trying to sort out an issue with a new phone contract and equipment. In the end I decided to cancel as I am in the cooling off period and it is wasting my time and putting my safety at risk as I have to go out now to return items,

I’ve still not had any email confirmation that the account is cancelled 9 hours later. Which I was promised by Ken who I spoke to.

This is basic stuff there is no excuse. 

You couldn’t wait to onboard me and courier out the devices which you marked up by 25% but when it comes to sorting out a basic issue which you admitted to being your mistake all of a sudden, there is no one to call, no way to cancel no communication and no resolution other than to “cancel everything and start again” 

i cancelled my virgin media account following this final straw today - you raised the prices by 12.9% a month after me being 4 months into the contract last year, I don’t recall RPI being anywhere near 12.9% in my lifetime so saying it was the annual price increase was just more BS. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel contract

Hi there @Jimbo79

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues there, This is not the level of service that we aim to provide. 

Regarding your confirmation of your Mobile account being cancelled, we don't send out confirmation emails so I am unsure why you have been advised that. I am happy to have a look into your account via PM so that I can confirm that it has been closed?

As for the media account, I just want to confirm, did you leave us last year and rejoin recently or have you received a prices increase? 

Kind Regards 

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zac

I spoke to someone again on Monday after waiting for another 90 mins who assured me it had been cancelled and they sent me a generic email to say sorry you are leaving. I am still awaiting the Jiffy bag to send the devices back.

re the price increase issue - I joined virgin media in April 2019 on a 12 month contract for £27 per month for home broadband only.

4 months into that 12 month contract you made an extraordinary price increase of £3.50 per month for all customers. This was not in line with RPI. Yet every CS agent refers to it as a “standard” price increase and is inline with what your competitors do. And that there “won’t be an increase this year”

I raised a complaint regarding this in February but never got a response.

It’s not how I do business. I was offered a rebate of £3 per month for 6 months but this also never materialised and when I spoke to your retention colleague they seemed disinterested in honouring that but were happy to offer me the same package at £26 per month of o signed another 12 month contract.. which begs the question - why put the price up in the first place an why would I sign a contract when VM won’t honour it.

if it had been the other way round and o just decided to pay you 3.50 less after 4 months in you would still be expecting me to honour the following 8 months of the contract..

the whole way you do your pricing (using a discount rather than a fixed amount) and the price hike - is just a Bait and Switch technique.

good luck to you if that’s how you want to business, it’s a shame because I was looking forward to your merger with O2.

outsourcing  all your call centres to developing countries which are ill equipped to deal with the pandemic is now back firing monumentally.. 

you’ve had six months to put on counter measures and contingencies and yet still use Covid as an excuse.

I still note it is entirely possible to speak to someone almost immediately if it is a sales call. I would say you have your priorities all wrong.

pleas do pm me.

many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @Jimbo79 

Sorry for the delay in response, we are very busy at the moment and doing all we can to get to each customer ASAP. 

Apologies that you feel this way and that you're wanting to leave too. I will be able to take a look in to the account, credits and the complaint. 

I'll pop you a private message now so that we can run through security. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos