cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel contract - Phone Call - moving house

luciagaito
Tuning in

Hi, Some days ago I requested by phone to cancel my contract starting from 1 October. I have not received any communication regarding the cancellation. I’ve tried to ask via chat on the virgin media website through my account. Nobody seems to have answered in the chat. But I have as usual some problems with that account.

Please, could you help me to have a confirmation about that cancellation?
and I would like to know if I could have moved my contract to the new house starting over again with a new promotion price for another 18 months? And if I still get a promotion discounted price in the new house.
Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Not quite so. Your original "option two" for the OP was that if she wanted to cancel you would set up a direct message to facilitate this. After I posted to welcome this initiative by the forum team to do cancellations this option was deleted from your post by a Mod. It is no good now acting as though the "option two" never happened and gaslighting the OP in turn. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @luciagaito, thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the contract and the communication.
We do have 2 options, option one would be for you to speak to the home moves team (which can be found here).

[MOD EDIT: Cancellations cannot be performed via Community Forums. We do apologise for the inconvenience caused]

Let us know what you'd like to do and we can go on from there.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks. I would proceed with the cancellation, please. Let me be contacted by the team in a private chat, please. Regards.

Nice to see that the VM forum team will now carry out cancellation requests. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here

Sorry, but nobody has called me yet.

Hi, can Ihave an answer please as soon as possible, for it has just arrived an email with a new bill to pay after 6 October, and they will take 28 pounds at the end of October directly from my bank account. It is a shame. I don’t want to pay anything after my request that I made more than a week ago, and it is not my fault if you have not carried it out. I’m going to cancel my direct debit if you don’t carry out my request NOW!

Shame!

Not at all. Nobody seems to have will to do his job here

Thanks for the reply @luciagaito on the forums. 

I have not advised that the team will get in touch with you from our end as we cannot arrange call backs as we are a digital services platform.
Have you tried to web chat to the team to get this resolved?

Let us know and we can go from there.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Not quite so. Your original "option two" for the OP was that if she wanted to cancel you would set up a direct message to facilitate this. After I posted to welcome this initiative by the forum team to do cancellations this option was deleted from your post by a Mod. It is no good now acting as though the "option two" never happened and gaslighting the OP in turn. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here

Lucia do please let Ofcom know all about your cancellation experience with the VM forum team https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult...

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here